Friday, May 16, 2014

Be purposeful and playful with your blog


(image credit)
Reference: How to Promote Your Blog Content to Get 1,000 Social Media Shares, by Irfan Ahmad, who has loads of great infographics on his Google+ profile.

Two of my guiding rules with my blogs are:

Be clear about my purpose, stay true to my passion

I detest efforts to game the system, for instance, by fabricating a title for a blog or an article simply to increase SEO.  You can certainly toy with different titles, and see what affect that has in your analytics results.  But be purposeful and be authentic.

Give things a try - apps, techniques, sites or platforms

It's impossible to know everything, but it's easy enough to play around with things that may serve your purpose.  Many of these are free of charge, and that works perfectly for my tight budget.  I am quite wary of allowing any app, for example, to have my location.  But other than that it's play away for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment