Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Saving articles and videos on Facebook


I haven't been thrilled with all the changes Facebook has made over the years, but adding a save function on the articles people are sharing is right up there with the best. It's exactly what it sounds like: A way to save a shared article for later, whether later means just reading or eventually sharing it yourself. And you can access everything you save on your main Facebook rail under the heading Saved.
Reference: Thankful for social media: My favorite tools, platforms.

I appreciate this bit from Chicago Tribune writer Scott Kleinberg.  I used to collect newspaper and magazine articles of interest diligently, and I would organize and store them in my study.  I have continued to do so, except that in the last several years, I've migrated from hardcopy to softcopy.  In fact I collect to a much greater degree now because of my conceptual and practical work, that is, links across any of my several journals.  With particularly crucial articles, I copy and paste them for my personal reference and annotation.  While not all posts on Facebook can be saved, I really like this function, because it helps me collect interesting articles and videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment