Thursday, September 5, 2013

Carissa Moore blogs her heart


In Carissa Moore Wins Blogging, Brian Roddy simplifies things to two choices:  (a) blog infrequently, and impersonally at that; or (b) put your heart into your blog, which Moore does indeed.  For one, blogging can be a very meaningful, exciting thing to do. But keeping it up can be tough, for sure, as it requires time, effort and consistency.    

But before Roddy paints you into one or the other corner, be clear about why you blog to begin with.  What is your purpose, what are you trying to accomplish, and what do you expect to gain from it?  Only you can answer these questions.  Indeed you may have sponsors or publishers, to whom you are accountable.  Nevertheless, blogging remains a very personal activity, and how well you manage this figures prominently into the success of your blogging.

Carissa Moore
So I have officially been 21 years old for a whole week now. To be honest I don’t feel any different. I had the most amazing birthday tho. My mom, dad and little sister all surprised me in Waikiki with a family canoe ride. To be together as a family again was the best present I could have asked for. I didn’t realize how much it meant to me until I saw all of them and an overwhelming feeling of happiness came over me. To know that my mom and dad were able to put aside their differences for me really meant a lot. They got divorced when I was ten years old so it has been quite awhile since we have all been together like that. That evening I shared a beautiful dinner at Nobu restaurant with my entire family, as well as Oren and Travis from Red Bull. I had a couple shots of sake and a fruity lilikoi drink that was quite nice but I don’t think that drinking will ever become a habit for me. It was such a special day. I don’t think it could have been more perfect.  
Reference:  One Year Older.

No comments:

Post a Comment