Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Social media post may affect credit score


(image credit)

I have periodically encouraged friends and colleagues on various social media sites, and in previous blog articles, to be judicious about what they post.  I avoid obscenities, for example, and approach things - that is, comments, shares and activities - in a positive vein.  It doesn't mean I'm syrupy good or even goody-two-shoes, but I make a point of being discreet, respectful and constructive if my input is negative.  I'm not perfect at it, but there you go. 

The reason I mention this?

We never know who's going to come across whatever we post.  Prospective employers took up social media scouring, in order to get a lowdown on job candidates, for example.  Now, it looks like those who want to surmise your financial standing and credit worthiness can do the same.  


No comments:

Post a Comment