Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Key ways to engage on Twitter


The 10 Rules That Every Business Needs To Know Before Tweeting On Twitter - infographic
(image credit)

I had been on Twitter a year or two, when I committed to making a more active effort with it.  It took a while to figure it out, but I feel that I have found its sweet spot.

Let's focus on #1 above, shall we.  There are three specific means by which I have engaged others and in turn others have engaged me.
  1. I joined a Tweetchat with @LeadWithGiants.  It's about leadership, broadly speaking, right in line with my interest and  my firm.  It's a brisk pace, and brevity is the parameter, but it's highly engaging.  Anyone can join in, and participate in a Twitter Q&A.
  2. Sporting events is another key means for me.  I hashtag key word like so #Blackhawks when I tweet about a game, for example.  I search with that same hashtag key word, and retweet what I like and comment accordingly.  It's loads of fun, and again quite engaging.
  3. Finally, as a result of 1. and 2., I often get included in a small group tweet.  We encourage each other, and show thanks, not only with words but with retweets.  I've been more proactive myself, that is, by pulling together my own small group and tweeting about the week or weekend.
It took several years for me to reach 1000 connections on LinkedIn, mainly by letting others find me and invite me.  It took about four years for me to reach that 1000 friends plateau on ASW Inner Circle, a small social site.  It took me well under two years to gain 1000 followers on Twitter with my RonVillejoConsulting profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment