Monday, October 27, 2014

LinkedIn: 3 pluses, 3 minuses


(image credit)
This week I offer quick hits on social media sites, that I use actively:

Pluses
  1.  LinkedIn is best in class for business men and women, professionals and recruiters, among others, for its wide network of like-minded people.
  2. Its posts, comments and discussions are serious, though it doesn't mean it's droll or humorless.  Rather it isn't social, silly or trivial.  Its content matters for people who populate the site.
  3. LinkedIn has improved its filters over the years, so you can identify a wealth of prospective contacts whom you are targeting.  
Minuses
  1. When I share videos or articles from another site, it may take a minute before I can find it on my Timeline. Also, previous posts aren't kept, as they are on Google+ and Facebook.
  2. The quality of its articles has diminished in the last year or two.  So while the subject is of interest to me, the writing is often weak and its arguments are suspect.
  3. Of late I've had more spam coming through my Inbox, so LinkedIn has to revisit its spam algorithms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment