Monday, November 18, 2013

Getting on Pinterest makes business sense






Reference: Kicking Facebook to the Curb: Why Pinterest is Good for Business.

I've been looking at Pinterest since early last year, more as a side note.  I was already active in the Big Five of social media - Google+, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn - and I didn't want to extend myself, unless I had a purpose.  A few months ago that purpose came.

I first set up a profile to upload photos of my trips to downtown Chicago.  +Chicago has now evolved into re-pins, videos, and stories.  Still I simply wanted to get the `lay of the land of Pinterest, before setting up project profiles.  The first of these projects - T'ai Chi Empower - is now in full swing after a handful of months.   

I really enjoy Pinterest.  It's easy to upload stuff, there are a lot of cool stuff, and it serves the dominant group in e-commerce: women.

No comments:

Post a Comment