Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Canon insipres aspiring, struggling writers



In just 46 seconds, Canon tells a tale of inspiration, not just for aspiring but struggling writers, but also for the rest of us who aspire and struggle.  It's a commercial, so that tale is evidently fictitious:  I couldn't find Susan Dryson or anything on her book.  But I love the cut-to-the-chase heart of the drama, and the fact that she prevails happily in the end.  So Canon isn't just about images, but about self-publishing, too. 

You see, the thing is, I am an aspiring, struggling writer, among a number of things. 

1 comment:

  1. I just came across this commercial, for the first time today, on Youtube. It started playing before some other video I was looking for and initially I was just waiting for the "skip to video" button to pop up but it caught my eye, so I watched the whole commercial. I immediately went to Twitter to look up this author and follow here but couldn't find an account. I immediately thought that was odd. In this day and age what writer, especially a self-published one, doesn't have a Twitter account for promotion? So then I did a google search and found this post.

    It's a bit disappointing to learn that this is indeed just a dramatization and this wasn't a real writer. Obviously I knew the various scenes of her writing and getting rejected were fake, but I did assume that the woman was a real writer, just re-enacting what she went through before publishing her own book.

    ReplyDelete