Monday, October 14, 2013

To time or not to time your social media posts


(image credit)
Deron Wagner just posted this on Google+:
Great infographic that shows the best times of day to post on various social media platforms, along with some helpful tips for each of them. 
Of course, the best time of day to post really depends on your target audience, but this is a good general reference guide based on traffic.
I commented:

I definitely agree that "timing is huge." If your target audience is relatively localized, and there is a rhythm or cycle to their day, then it makes perfect sense to time your posts accordingly. But the US alone has six time zones, including Alaska and Hawaii. If you have targets in Europe and the Middle East, as I do, then timing your posts quickly becomes impractical. So, above all, I work at being reasonable with such timing, and include the rhythm of my own commitments and projects. The main things for me are posting daily and blogging regularly.

For business and-or for personal, you decide how to time your posts, in relation to your purpose, objectives or strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment