Monday, July 7, 2014

How rich, complex and ennobling social media is


Is It Just Me?
Here's an interpretive glimpse at my random thoughts on social media lately...meaningful interaction seems to have fizzled out, and previously enjoyable connections and the general feel for me, have since metastasized into a cancerous version of it's previous self. An apocalyptically edited #carshot I took while rolling through Indy last December kind of sums up the landscape here for me these days. 
That, or I'm just grouchy and affected by barometric migraines or the waxing of the moon.
Signing off until I have something positive to say. 
waves bye 
We're made up of energy, so who's to say you can't transmit through electrical means? If you could transmit yourself wirelessly, then it's Armageddon pretty much.
~Ian Somerhalder
BobbieZen posted this image and note two months ago, and I was captivated.

One of her friends noted:
Although I agree with you that the landscape of G has changed, but I more feel it is because the landscape of the world has. We are at a very precarious and scary time of this world, and it reflects in peoples posts, their fear and anxiety 
I think you leaving is wrong, I will miss you
To which she responded:
I'm not 'leaving', I'm just signing out. 
I don't want to contribute to that very feeling which is keeping me from wanting to be here. I think a few days off is healthy. 
I certainly felt better the past two days not signing on at all than I do checking notifications and feeling pressured to respond. See y'all later. xo
The fact that BobbieZen could relate her distemper with social media, and express it creatively in an image, speaks volumes about how astute and articulate she is.  At the same time, she speaks to an irony: Social media is truly a fine place in which to work out that distemper, and in so doing she deftly regains meaningful interaction and connection.

If you're a business or brand owner, this post may be too abstract or dour for your purpose.  I hope it is not.  It's meant to show you how rich, how complex, and how ennobling social media can be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment