Friday, July 4, 2014

Meticulous attention to Disney Blogs


Disney Blogs

I read Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service, by the Disney Institute and Theodore Kinni, and I was thoroughly impressed with the meticulous attention and care Disney puts into its brand and its parks in particular.  It's positively breath-taking from a business standpoint, and also chest-tightening, I'm sure, from a staffing standpoint.  I met one of their training managers two years ago, and this was a book she handed out at that networking event.

So it is no surprise, I guess, that despite the wild-and-woolly nature of social media and rampant blogs, Disney deploys that same obsessive-compulsive eye on its bloggers and what they write about.  They cast a fanatic look at making sure their guests have the most positive experience ever.  Google seems to be at the opposite end, where its awesome product galore, that I'm very grateful for, virtually lacks any customer assistance.  

To each its own, of course.  Decide for yourself how much attention and care to put into your brand vis-a-vis the endgame of your business or organization.  

No comments:

Post a Comment